The former villa of town mayor and leading entrepreneur Johann Budig was built on South Alley (today Mácha Alley) in 1892.
Designed in a historicizing German Renaissance style, the villa had brick facing that was renovated in 1992. The original building did not include the side annexes; the low wooden farm buildings that once stood on the site of these wings were torn down and replaced by the left annex with tower. The ornamental garden with a gazebo and historicizing fountain was also modified. In 1947 the town museum was moved into the confiscated building; the right annex was later added and the building continues to serve museum purposes to this day.