The settlement was founded at the same time as the town of Svitavy during the colonization of Olomouc Bishop Bruno and was intended to be an agricultural village that would supply the larger town.
The name of the village (Vierzighuben in German) was taken from the way the village was planted. The Czech name of the village appears in 1517. The settlement is architecturally related to the town and at the end of the 18th century the domain administrative headquarters were located here. The Moravian surveyor Franz Josef Schwoy worked in the administration building (the so-called “little chateau” houses a nursery school today) at the turn of the 19th century as a domain administrative clerk. The emblem of the Olomouc bishop is found above the school entrance. The domain brewery, distillery, and mill are still located in the village. The most valuable landmarks within the village are the Redemptorist monastery with Church of St. Joseph (1894-1896) and the Baroque Chapels of the Virgin Mary and St. Anne (both from the end of the 19th century). The numerous preserved Baroque crucifixes include the pedestal of the Marian Piller on Husova Street from 1721, the "Haupt" crucifix with relief from 1857 at the Marian chapel, the damaged cast-iron cross from 1883 on Úvoz Street, and the Holy Trinity sculpture from 1815, made by Czepan, on the main road. Immediately adjacent to the Svitavy cadastral territory on Hraniční Street is the Marian pillar from the beginning of the 19th century (today restored); the J. W. Goethe Memorial from 1932 is located on Brněnská Street.