The old Jewish cemetery on the main road to Moravská Třebová was founded in 1892 and was operated by the Jewish community in Svitavy until the fateful year of 1938.
Nazis destroyed the local synagogue on Kristallnacht and the fate of more than 160 Svitavy Jews during the Holocaust was definitively sealed. The forsaken and demolished cemetery fell into ruins; town property was confiscated and dismantled. Not until 2001-2002 was the overgrown cemetery cleaned out, partially uncovered, and piously restored. A commemorative plaque to the Svitavy Jewish victims of the Holocaust was unveiled here in 2003.